Monday 20 February 2012

Covergirl Natureluxe Gloss Balm

Not sure how many of you have tried these, but I got one for Christmas and I initially really liked the colour. The shade I have is Sandstone (per emilynoel83's review), and it is a nice subtle pink colour. The scent is not unpleasant (to me, at least)... Kind of vanilla-ish with a hint of coconut sunscreen scent (this product does contain SPF 15). It actually looks quite nice on me, and I have trouble with lip colour because my lipline is very blurry and undefined. I had asked for the Glossbalm for Christmas because I hadn't been able to find the Revlon Lip Butters anywhere in Canada at the time (although they were blowing up in the States), so I figured this would be the next best thing. I tend to have pretty dry lips, compounded by the fact that I lick them all the time. So lipstick is not really my best friend, as it wears off very quickly... I tend to stick to balms and glosses more than anything, because it's not as big a deal to keep reapplying. I thought to kill two (or three!) birds with one stone, I would start using lip balms with a punch of colour.

Unfortunately, CG's version didn't make the cut for me. While the colour is pretty, the glitter in the formula makes my lips feel gritty and uncomfortable. Did I mention that I also frequently blot my lips together? That feeling of glitter every time I do is just unpleasant for me. So if anyone else is not a fan of gritty glitter in their lip products, I'd stay away from this particular balm. I'm not sure if all the shades contain glitter... If not, the product may be worth going for! However, i managed to find the Revlon Lip Butters and went for a few of those instead. They pack a good punch of colour and manage to be pretty moisturizing, and those with shimmer still manage to have a smooth texture. Just my two cents! (For reference, I hope to do more comparisons of similar products whenever possible... I find it helpful, especially since so many brands are coming out with comparable products in order to remain competitive.)

No comments:

Post a Comment